Sunday, February 4, 2007

Week 1, Outdoors - 4


Experimentation is the name of the game, right? I figured today would be my outdoor picture and in the process of determining what exactly I wanted to use for my shot, I realized it was really cold this morning, so I was going to take the shot from inside the house. Doing that, I was playing with menu settings and realized for the first time that my camera could do sepia. Thought I'd give it a shot. I took several pictures like this which were clearer, but I liked the slightly blurry/foggy aspect to it. Gives it more of a dreamy/fantasy look. Sometimes the things you don't plan...



Btw, for future reference, this shot was taken through the plastic you put over windows to keep the cold out and this is a shot of our backyard. Just past the bottom edge of the shot, there is still a rather sizeable snow patch, because that part of the the yard gets next to no sunlight at this time of year. I figured I would upload the following shot to show a little contrast with the picture types.


No comments: