Friday, April 13, 2007

Week 11, Tree - 58

4 days ago on a whim, I took pictures of this little tree sitting on our kitchen table. I'm not really a plant person. I forget to water them. They tend to die because I overwater them. You get the picture? Well this little tree at one time was, I'm sorry to say, only watered when K.C. would come home from work. He works a few states away and came home once every 3 weeks or so. Okay, so not good. Yet the tree has survived. It hasn't flourished, but it's survived. Jump to now and for some reason, I've been keeping track of the water in this little tree for the last week or so. If you compare the pictures from the 9th to the ones I'm posting today, you'll actually see a change, can you guess what it is? Yeah, in only 4 days! (I closed the shade for better contrast, but the lighting in here still makes it a little blurry.)


Still can't tell? There are little leaves! New shoots growing. They weren't there on the 9th, I checked in my pics. Isn't that spiffy? I'm rather happy that this little tree is still willing to flourish, even in hardship, to become more beautiful. There's a lesson in there somewhere, I just know there is. ;)

No comments: